PowerPoint Tip – Break Up SmartArt
It’s February and it’s time for another ‘Keep it Simple’ tip!
This month it is a PowerPoint tip on breaking up SmartArt and you can view the video or follow the step-by-step shown underneath.
Enjoy and remember: Keep it Simple!
Today we’re looking at PowerPoint and we’re going to see how we can quickly break up a piece of SmartArt so that we have more ways to manipulate it.
- I’ll start by going to the Insert tab
- Click on the SmartArt button
- Select the Process Category
- I’ll select the Upward Arrow
- Keeping the SmartArt selected, from the Home tab
- Go to the Arrange group – select Group
- Then click on Ungroup
The shape is now broken into all its parts.
- I can de-select – then remove the bits that I don’t want.
- When I click on the Arrow, I’ll see that I now have those yellow circles available, that allow me to adjust the shape, within the shape.
- I can also rotate, flip and adjust the size.
Thank you for watching and I’ll be back with another useful ‘Keep it Simple‘ tip – next month!