PowerPoint Tip – Ungroup SmartArt
Yes, I’ve added in yet another Tip, this time in PowerPoint, to give you even more to view! I didn’t want any of the programmes to feel left out, so thought I’d better start with one each!
This will be it though, until the beginning of the next month (only a week away!).
- SmartArt is a built-in graphic that is very easy to place into PowerPoint. Where people struggle, is if they want to move around elements of the SmartArt.
- So this tip will show you how we can take apart the elements in a SmartArt graphic – by Ungrouping them.
- This is a simple tip that will make a difference to you every day in PowerPoint.
You can view the video or follow the step-by-step shown below.
Enjoy and remember: Keep it Simple!
Today we’re looking at PowerPoint and we’re going to see how we can take apart the elements in a SmartArt graphic, by Ungrouping them.
Step 1 – Add the SmartArt Graphic
- Click on the Insert a SmartArt Grahpic icon – then scroll down.
- Any graphic will do but I’ll choose this Chevron List.
- Then click OK.
Step 2 – Carry out the Ungroup
- Keep the SmartArt selected then bring the cursor onto the edge of the selection.
- When the cursor looks like a white arrow – right-click – Group – and select Ungroup.
Step 3 – Repeat Step 2
Yes, that’s the trick to doing this – repeating Step 2!
- So – onto the edge again – get the white arrow – right-click – Group – and select Ungroup.
Step 4 – Move the Individual Elements
- We can see that each element is now individually selected.
- And we must de-select them all – before we can then pick up each individual element and drag it around.
- And you can see that I can now position them any way that I want, on the slide.
Thank you and I’ll be back with another useful tip – next month!
Knew how to group items in PowerPoint but didn’t realize I could ungroup smartart items- Tnx Kelly