PowerPoint Tip – Save a Presentation as a Show
It is August 1st, the sun is shining and we’re heading into a Bank Holiday. Sigh. Can life get much better? Yes, you know it can because I’ve said it before! Because a new month also means that it is time for a new ‘Keep it Simple‘ tip. Yaaaay!
You can view the video or follow the (brief) step-by-step shown underneath.
Enjoy and remember: Keep it Simple!
Today we’re looking at PowerPoint. If you’ve ever been one of a number of people who’ve had to give a Presentation – one after the other – then you’ll probably have been in the situation where – in front of the audience – you’ve had to open your Presentation from the Desktop – which then opens in Normal View.
The audience can see your main slide on the right – and they can see the up-coming slides on the left hand side.
Then, to make it worse, they see you making your way to the Slide Show button – before you eventually get into Slide Show View.
You will NEVER need to go through that again!
- Have your presentation open – File – Save As.
- Instead of saving it as the default – a PowerPoint Presentation – change that to a PowerPoint Show – or – a .ppsx.
- I’ll leave mine on the Desktop – and press Save.
- I’m completely closing down PowerPoint.
- This time, when I double-click my (.ppsx) presentation on the Desktop to open it – it goes straight into Slide Show view – bypassing the Normal View screen!
I hope you enjoyed that and I’ll be back again with another useful ‘Keep it Simple‘ tip – next month!