Word Tip – Quickly Insert Columns & Rows into a Table
It is October 1st and it’s looking…sad… outside! But here’s something to help brighten the day – it’s time for another ‘Keep it Simple‘ tip! Yaaay! This month it is Word and we’re looking at how you can very quickly add multiple columns and rows to a table.
You can view the video or follow the step-by-step shown underneath.
Enjoy and remember: Keep it Simple!
Today we’re looking at Word and we’re going to see how we can quickly add in a specified amount of Rows and Columns – to a Table.
On the page, I have a table that contains 8 rows and 4 columns.
I want to add – another 8 rows to the Table.
Add in 8 New Rows
- To do that quickly – I’ll use the Table Selector to highlight the entire table.
- Then right-click anywhere in the Table
- Insert – and select – Insert Rows below – which inserts 8 new rows.
- The amount of rows that are inserted – is based on how many rows are selected.
- So – if I had highlighted only 6 rows – it would have inserted – only 6 rows.
- To show that – I’ll insert – 2 columns next
Insert 2 Columns
- I’ll highlight columns 1 and 2.
- Then right-click anywhere in the highlight.
- Go to Insert – and select – Insert Columns to the Right.
- And the 2 new columns are added.
Thank you for watching and I’ll be back with another useful ‘Keep it Simple‘ tip – next month!